Friday, April 11, 2008

Raphael


We are incredibly thankful for the many prayers and kind words you've sent our way in the last while. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post pictures of our newest little blessing. (You've all been very patient!) God heard and answered all of our prayers for a safe and natural delivery and a healthy baby boy. He was born April 2nd at 1:21 in the morning after really only a few hours of hard work. We were able to come home with him that evening and have been adjusting to life with a newborn and enjoying these days with him very much. I'll write more about his birth when I have a chance, but wanted to share some pictures of our baby. We are still deciding on middle names, but have given him the first name Raphael, which means "God has healed" in Hebrew. 

The kids getting their first glimpse of their new brother! 


They were delighted as you can see!


Peregrine, Alethea, and Raphael on his first day!


The waiting and the work were well worth the reward! 


Daddy and his littlest one.


Raphael, first day. (And we were totally smitten!)


Look at those chubby cheeks! At 8 lbs 4 oz he was our biggest baby yet!


A few days later, already changing.


Holding Daddy's Hand.


One Week- where does the time go? 


Poppy loves her baby!


These little feet will take you big places someday, tiny one! 

Again, we thank you so much for your prayers and for sharing in our rejoicing. I'll try to post more soon! 
Rebeca, for us all

19 comments:

  1. Oh Rebeca, he is so precious.
    What a gift the Lord has given you! I love the name you chose, and I think the meaning is so very special.
    Rejoicing with you all, and praising the Lord for Raphael's safe and healthy arrival.

    Much love
    Beka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebeca,

    Oh, *tears* as I read this post, first when I read the meaning of his name, and then those pictures! I love that first close-up picture of Raphael. And you look GREAT for just having a baby, Rebeca!

    Such happiness in all your faces. Such love from the Father. Such a gift, this little baby boy.

    Rejoicing with you, friend!

    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! Congratulations! Welcome to the world, precious Raphael!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a beautiful little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos with Peregrine and Alethea are so precious! They will be terrific siblings to Raphael.

    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I'm smitten too! He's beautiful, Rebeca! I love his name!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Congratulations! What a beautiful baby! And I love the name...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful baby. I'm getting all weepy. I am so, so happy for you.

    Welcome to the world, Raphael.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebeca, he's beautiful and scrumptious!

    Thanks for posting, just when I was starting to worry!!

    Leanne in Longview

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's beautiful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love them all! I'm so glad God answered our prayers with a healthy delivery and baby.

    Proud Auntie Lyssa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Congratulations, Beca! He's beautiful!! I love the picture with his tiny foot in your hands!

    Love, Trich

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:15 AM

    Congratulations again! He is SO handsome! I am glad that you are all doing well. The kids look like they are adjusting well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:01 PM

    Congratulations to your newest little one! He is sooo precious. So happy to hear the good news!

    Take care,
    Sue, Chris, Sophie, Noah, and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I came across your blog via Mission Field Designs. Beautiful design especially the header. Congratulations on your wee one!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. He's perfect! Love the name! You look terrific! Praise the Lord for His wonderful answers to prayer. I'm so happy for you all. Thank you so much for sharing all this. It has been a joy to pray for you and an even greater joy to see this precious little one finally here! May the Lord bless Raphael greatly and guide him in everything he does.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, he looks so much older, even after a week! Can't wait to see more photos... What a beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Congratulations! Our second child is named Aletheia! Not a name you run into often. A blessed Pascha!
    Thomas Kevin

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.