Monday, January 12, 2009

Seven Years






On this day seven years ago, Erik and I pledged our lives and love to one another. It's been a wonderful journey, and I continue to give thanks to God for bringing these two wanderers together. As time goes on I see more and more how He was preparing us for each other, and for the life that He would give us. While our life is very different than how I thought it would be, it's more beautiful and blessed than I could have imagined. We've had many adventures, a few trials, some tears, lots of laughter and joy, and a few kids. I wonder what the next year will bring, and I look forward to each day we've been given.
And here's a random tidbit, just for fun: when Erik asked me to marry him, my response was "Really?" Here you can read the whole story of how we met and the surprising proposal

13 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for perfect matches!

    God bless your marriage and continue to knit your hearts together.

    Love you!
    K


    homeschoolblogger.com/h0mefree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:22 PM

    Congratulations!

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, Rebeca & Erik!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that the story of your meeting and then engagement was beautiful! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are such beautiful wedding photos of you and your husband. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary and Many Years! What a lovely couple you were and are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make a very beatiful brde. Congradualations! Hope you two had a very wonderful Anniversary.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary!!! 7yrs go by fast when there are kids in your family. Life is only going faster. Enjoy every minute of it.

    Charisse

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:06 PM

    Happy Anniversary!
    Here's to God's blessings in the years to come, may they be many!

    ~Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! I love your story of how you got married. I love all your pictures, too. How romantic. Your wedding dress is beautiful--especially like the back! :) I pray many blessings on your marriage and years of joy to come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary! Many years to you both! I love the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!

    I love these photos! May the Lord bless you with many, many happy years to come!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.