Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Simple Science

    Poppy informed me the other day that she doesn't like Science, which I took with a grain of salt. As you can see here, she doesn't seem to mind it one bit. This is a simple and fun project we did for the first time a couple years ago to help the kids learn their primary colors. I'm not sure that Poppy remembered it, so it was like doing it for the first time with her.

We started with the primary colors, and a little plain water in the other three jars.

I asked her which two colors she thought would make orange, so this was her answer.
She was surprised to learn that blue and yellow make green, not orange!

Aha! Red and yellow make orange!

Uh, I'm not sure this is going to make purple...

I did it! I made a rainbow! 

Thumbs up from Peregrine!

Raphael, aka Superman, got in on the action too. You can see yellow droplets
of water dripping off his face. Might be kryptonite. 


    After the camera was put away, the kids had a blast playing "chemistry lab". There were colorful explosions all over the place, and skin turning all kinds of funky colors.  If you're ever in our neck of the woods, watch out for my mad little scientists and their "Formula 14"!

    


3 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I am going to try it with my boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog, Rebeca. Absolutely love that first picture. Perfect expression on her face (-:

    Blessings,
    Di at A Circle of Quiet

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.