Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Columbia Gorge: Friends and Falls

    On our trip last month we spent a few days visiting friends that live up the Columbia Gorge. Even though it's only 3 or 4 hours away, it had been a very long time since we'd been up to see them. Here are a few highlights of our time there. 

Raphael with his godparents, "Papa" Luke and Presvytera Katherine. We very much enjoyed our time with them, as always. They graciously put us up in the empty church building adjoining their property and we enjoyed camping out there. All the kids had a great time playing together, and the adults got in lots of good visiting as well. 
My dear friend Paula, one of my closest friends from high school, with her youngest. They had just moved to the area so it was fun to get to see their new home and catch up. All the kids are growing so fast, and it's great to get them all together to play. 
We had a picnic lunch at Multnomah Falls on the way back to Portland. You can just see Erik up on the bridge, taking a picture. Peregrine, Poppy, and Raphael were all up there too, and I was below hoping they were keeping a strong hold on Raphi! (They were. Of course.) 
Such beauty!
The upper fall cascading into the pool before taking another go. The vibrant greens almost take my breath away.
Looking down from the bridge. 
Erik took this from the bridge as well. Pearl and I are down there, waving and taking pics!
Thank you Random Stranger, for taking one of the whole family.
It was such a wonderful getaway. I think I'm about ready for another. 

2 comments:

  1. We went to the falls last summer. It is beautiful! I love the family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vacation photos, Rebeca! These are delightful! What a beautiful family you have. Yes, get away again to someplace peaceful and nature-y with your loved ones, as soon as possible! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.