Monday, July 17, 2006

Simple Summer Pleasures

I'll admit that summer isn't my favorite season, although it's lovely. I'm not a big fan of the heat, but there's something about the way summer feels that I love. Here are a few things that evoke summery feelings for me:

* Lazy evenings and late sunsets
* Getting to see my kids' arms and legs
* The way water droplets condense on the outside of a glass
* Running in the sprinkler
* Waterfights
* Eating popsicles

My Mom always made popsicles for us, and my sister just reminded me of this recipe she used to make. I've made them a few times recently and remember why we all loved them so much as kids. Here's the recipe:

Orange "Creamsicles"
1 T. Honey dissolved in 1/4 C. warm water
1/4 C. Orange Juice concentrate
1 1/2 C. Plain Yogurt
1/2 t. Vanilla

Mix all ingredients thoroughly and pour into popsicle molds. This recipe makes two cups; adjust as necessary to fill your mold.

Happy Summer!

3 comments:

  1. I am buying popsicle molds TODAY!!!!
    that recipe sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. I was stoked on the muesli recipe by the way. I've been making raw oatmeal by soaking old fashioned oats in rice milk and juice, a la Elena, but your recipe seems so easy and kinda like India. Without as much "debris".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hear you, summer is too hot for me (although summer in OR and WA is doable at least!)

    Great recipe, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.