Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Carried on the Wind


        I'd been mulling over the idea of starting a blog for a while. Erik, my husband was encouraging me to do it, so I finally decided to "jump on the blogwagon." I had recently read a quote by George MacDonald that said "There are other winds in this world besides those which shake the fleeces of sheep and the beards of men." From that quote I came up with "Carried on the Wind" as my blog name.
        I've always been a wanderer and enjoyed traveling and seeing new places. As a follower of Jesus, I believe that His Spirit is leading me through this life. When Jesus was talking with Nicodemus He said "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from or where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." I've had a lot of ideas and made a lot of plans about how my life would be, but most of the time other things have happened. I believe that it is God who has ordered my steps, not that I have followed Him perfectly, but that He has carried me along, like a bird on the wind, or a seed that is scattered far from the plant that grew it.
        The more I've pondered being carried on the wind, the more I think it's appropriate for the Christian life. The disciples marveled that "even the winds obeyed" Jesus. This, to me, is an assurance that when the gentle breezes turn to howling storms, our Master is still in command. We have no control over the winds that blow, but if we know the One who controls them, then we can rest knowing that He carries us still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.