Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Camping

Last summer was taken up with moving and we didn't go camping once. This last weekend we finally opened up the tent trailer and made our home in the woods for a couple days. We joined my parents, and my two sisters, brothers-in-law, nieces and nephew for four days of relaxing, enjoying each other's company, playing games, hiking, and eating lots of good food. Alethea couldn't get enough of the dirt and Peregrine had a great time exploring and playing with his cousins. He kept saying to me "Mom, our blue house is getting old; we should just live here now." Here are some pictures from our trip:

Koosah Falls, just above our campsite.


Erik and Alethea go hiking.


Peregrine had fun floating his boats.


Who needs toys when there are sticks and rocks and water and dirt?


A rare and wild Oregon Monkey I spotted in a tree.


You'd never guess it, but we're at the top of a 60-foot waterfall!


Did I mention she got dirty?


We liked this guy so much we brought him home! Anyone know what kind he is?

And, as we like to say in my family, "A wonderful time was had by all."

4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a ton of fun. I love dirty-faced camping pictures:)
    What a bug!!! are you really keeping it?
    Once again lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our family loves to camp also. It is beautiful where you went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun. You look really pretty with braids, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.