Tuesday, October 31, 2006

....In Which a Boy Turns Four

We celebrated Peregrine's fourth birthday on Saturday with a grand party. The birthday boy came as an astronaut so we had a space theme. A wonderful time was had by all!

Peregrine the Astronaut with Alethea, his Star Princess


Alethea with me in a Tibetan dress- the apron shows that I'm married!


The Sun and Moon, aka my sister Gloria and brother-in-law Okon. We were also joined by Anna and the King of Siam, some Oregon Duck Fans, an alien space commander, and some stars. Fun for all!



Erik's Mom and Dad bought him a Playmobil set that he loves. When he opened it he said "Mom, it's the $40 set from Target!" He also got the Dramatized Chronicles of Narnia on CD from my side of the family. It's so nice to have family who doesn't inundate us with junk!


The Cake



My favorite part of each year's party is watching his face when we sing to him. It's always filled with such joy and wonder!

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of him hitting his pinata. We hung up stars on the ceiling and then made a white moon pinata that glowed in the dark! I think the pinata was the highlight of the party for him!

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute , cute! Did you make his costume? I love the cake, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable cake! I LOVE that.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.