Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rejoicing!

As this afternoon's appointment drew nearer I could feel my stomach tying up in knots. Erik is out of town, and I didn't want to go alone, so my wonderful Mom went with me. We prayed together before we went in, and I know that many others were praying as well. (Thank you!) The wait seemed to take forever, and finally my doctor came in. Thankfully, she got right down to business, and asked if we wanted to listen for the heartbeat. Of course! I lay there, praying, hoping, listening, praying. We could hear the blood rushing through my veins loud and clear, but I strained to hear the softer, faster beating of a tiny heart. And then, there it was! Tears came to my eyes, and my Mom's as well, as we rejoiced at the evidence of the life within me! Thank You, thank You, Lord, for this little one!
I'm so grateful, and so happy to have heard that beautiful sound today! Thanks so much for the encouraging words and the prayers that have been going up on our behalf. We appreciate it so very, very much.
With Love,
Rebeca

8 comments:

  1. Oh, praise the Lord. That is wonderful news.

    Our prayers for you will continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:56 AM

    Wonderful!! I will pray for the continuance of a healthy pregnancy and baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whohooooooooooooo! I'm so excited and a bit teary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news! Rejoicing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God for the little "thub-thub" that brings so much joy to our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rejoicing with you. It is such a relief isn't it! My prayer and hope is for a healthy pregnancy all the way through.

    Thank you for your kind thoughts on my blog. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:04 PM

    I'm so happy for you. I'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings to you and your little babe within! Rejoicing...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.