Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Days

Thanks to all for your kind comments on my last post. I'll try to post a picture Poppy's shorter hair soon! In the meantime, here's a bit of what we have going on these days, as well as, and most importantly, a prayer request:
  • Would you go over to Beka's blog, breathe a prayer for her and Mark and their Baby, and leave her a word of encouragement? And please keep praying for a miracle for this baby! 
  • We are enjoying the long and sunny days of summer and looking forward to going to church family camp next week. Hoping to strengthen friendships, grow deeper in our faith, have fun together and make some new friends too. 
  • I've started doing the Letter-of-the-Week again, this time with both kids. We're having fun with it, and Poppy is doing really well learning her letters. And Peregrine is totally taking off with his reading. It's very, very exciting to see it becoming easier for him and to watch him grasping it. I'm so thankful to get to be the one to share these moments with my children!
  • Still making steps toward a simpler life. Not yet sure what that will look like or where it may take us, but it feels good and right to be paring down, to be thinking through some things a little more.
I have some other things I hope to write about soon, including Raphael's birth story and Poppy's birthday letter (which I started in March... yikes!) Mostly, I just wanted to ask you to please be praying for Beka and Mark and their Baby. And I hope you're all enjoying these summer days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.