Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

I've never done this before but have seen it and thought it's a nice way to keep a record of some of life's simple moments that aren't worth a whole post. If you'd like to join in you can visit The Simple Woman who started it here

FOR TODAY, August  6th, 2008.
Outside My Window... the morning is still and the birds are singing. My chickens are making happy hen sounds.
I am thinking... about all the things I could do today. And trying to decide which one or two of them I could actually do.
From the kitchen... zucchini (via the garden). In muffins, scrambled eggs, bread, burritos, salads, and smoothies. (Yep, smoothies. And no one has noticed so far!) Hoping to try this recipe soon.
I am wearing... an old work shirt of Erik's and some grungy pants for painting.
I am creating... a homeschool corner in the family room.
I am going... to stay at home today.
I am reading... The Old Schoolhouse Magazine that came in the mail yesterday. One paragraph at a time! 
I am hoping... and praying for peace and comfort for Mark and Beka.
I am hearing... the slurpy and contented sounds of Raphael nursing and the happy chatter of my older children as they watch Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
Around the house... a small someone can roll over both ways. Uh-Oh! 
One of my favorite things... finding a cup of tea waiting for me when I get up in the morning.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Meeting homeschool friends at the park on Friday, cooking aloo gobi and massool dal for my sister on Thursday evening. Mmmm.... Indian food! I'd like to get my daughter's room painted. Pink, of course.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... of my boys!



7 comments:

  1. Zucchini in smoothies...what a great idea! That recipe for zucchini fritters sound fantastic. We planted our zucchini late....but hopefully soon we'll have lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm - can I come over for Indian? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad you participated. Thanks for sharing the recipes - yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Zuc fritters look delicous! I like the Daybook idea...makes me think if we'd just take some time to count our blessings, even just those that come to mind - it would be so time consuming!...but what a great way to consume time :)

    Thx for stopping over (at my blog) yesterday & for the encouragement you shared there as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Indian food as well, enjoy!

    What a sweet, sweet photo.

    And, zucchini in smoothies, I'd have never thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm..everything sounds so yummy! I love the pics of the boys too! God bless your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute photo! Gosh, baby is growing fast!

    My husband posted some wedding photos on both my blogs for our anniversary. I wrote a second post about how we spent our special day and, funny you should ask, we actually did take "now" photos as Todd got out my wedding dress and veil. I haven't posted the "now" photos yet - but will in the future, hopefully.

    Have a good week!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.