Monday, March 06, 2006

On Poop, Projects, and Becoming a Man


        Peregrine is showing evidence of having a strong will to rival his Mama's. This can be pretty infuriating at times. Thankfully God made him pretty sweet and he keeps me laughing when I'm not pulling my hair out wondering what to do with him. Here are just a few of the things he's said in the last while that have kept me from getting too serious about things:
        -Upon finishing up on the toilet, and with great enthusiasm: "I did LOTS and LOTS of poo-poo! Grandma will be SO proud of me!" (She was, and even brought him a treat to prove it.)
        -After he closed a cupboard door on Alethea's little hand and I told him I was at the end of my rope he informed Erik that "Mom's rope is the end."
        -Once in a while I lose my calm with him and get angry. When this happens I apologize and ask him to forgive me. Yesterday he was unrolling toilet paper down the hallway and when Erik corrected him his immediate response, in perfect sweetness, was "I forgive you for being so angry, Dad."
        -He was talking about someone having a boy and a girl baby in their tummy. I asked him if he knew what it was called when a Mama had two babies in there and he said "A project"! That would be a project all right!
        - If anyone doesn't have any plans for the Fourth of July we have enough to go around. Anything that Peregrine wants to do but is unable to do now he says "Maybe we can do it on Fourf July". So far we're going to be in at least two different states and have a pretty extensive menu plan in the works for "Fourf July" this year!
        -And if we can't do it on the Fourth of July, then it will be "when I'm a man".
        Yes, my boy, someday you will be a man, and you will drive and do all the things that you think a man should do. But for now, I'm sure glad to have you as my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.