Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend


        On Friday it snowed, the first, and probably only snow of the year that will stick for more than a few minutes. It was pretty exciting for this prairie girl to see a couple inches of real snow in my very own yard! Alethea slept in until nine that day so I was able to go out and build a snowman with Peregrine and run in the cul-de-sac with him. He was so happy to be playing in the snow and get to learn how to roll a snow-ball and use some of his sticks to make arms for our snow man. He was convinced it was Christmas! Who needs presents when you have snow on the ground? Our snow man, by the way, was pretty cool: he stood as tall as Peregrine and wore a red plastic fire hat on his icy head. I kept glancing out the window and wondering who was in our front yard!
        Have I mentioned how wonderful my husband is? Marrying him was really a super-smart thing to do. Week mornings he leaves for work before I get up but he almost always makes me a cup of tea before he goes. I get up to find it still hot in the insulated mug he gave me for Christmas. And then on the weekends he gets up with the kids and lets me sleep in. I got to sleep until nine two days in a row this weekend! Not only that, but Saturday morning he made waffles (from scratch) and scrambled eggs for breakfast. And they were really good too. Yep, he takes good care of me. Not to mention that we make really cute babies.
        And speaking of babies, Alethea is going to turn one in just a couple of weeks. I can hardly believe it. Probably because I have a three-and-a-half year old to compare her to, and partly because she's so small, but she still seems like such a baby. A baby though, who is pulling herself up on everything and has more of a daring streak than her brother ever did. She desperately wants to be where Peregrine is and do whatever he's doing. Sometimes he loves that and other times he doesn't. They keep me busy, these little ones. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.