Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happenings

I thought it was time for a little update on some of the happenings around here:

* Erik still hasn't gone on strike. The night before it was supposed to happen, his employer gave a little in negotiations, which meant it went back to another Union vote. Of course their offer was rejected and so now we are waiting for them to issue another strike notice. It makes for a pretty charged work environment as you can imagine. I wonder how long this game playing will go on! We're looking forward to it being settled, but at this point we don't know when that might be.
* We're in the middle of allergy season here in the grass seed capital of the world. What that means for us is that we have about 6 weeks of itching, watering eyes, and sneezing runny noses! Good sleep is hard to come by, and we're feeling tired and worn out. So please keep us in your prayers through the next few weeks of this. It's usually over around July 4th.
* Poppy is taking her first teetering steps and it's pretty exciting to get to be part of such a wondrous thing!
* We have tasted our first few ripe raspberries and are watching for our strawberries to ripen. Mmmmm...... I also noticed tiny fruit on our Kiwi vines yesterday! It's so exciting to watch things grow and then to get to enjoy the harvest!
* I decided to spend another week on the letter I, as last week we didn't get much done.

Well, I think that's about it for now. Not too much exciting, but I wanted to report on what was happening with the strike. Have a great Wednesday!
Rebeca

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hope the allergies clear up soon, this is my first year dealing with them (odd) and I'm not enjoying it.

    Congratulations to Poppy and yum - raspberries. I am planning on buying strawberries on the way home tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am just now catching up on many weeks of your postings and Rebeca i am blessed. I love your family and to hear your heart coming through right here. the capital of grass seed is not a good thing, although beautiful. And all you can eat thai food to boot. You guys are in a very special part of these united states of america.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:10 PM

    I heard something about allergies (which I don't know if it's true or not as I haven't had them); I've been told that buying honey from a local bee keeper can help allergies as the bees pollinate the flowers and such that you are exposed to and when you eat the honey, your body can build immunities to it. I checked it on the web and one site mentions this near the bottom of the page under Nature's Cure (http://www.boyscouts-ncac.org/pages/250_nose_run_sneeze.cfm). Anyhow, just a thought. Your fruits and berries sound delightful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.