Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I is for Incredible


It's I time! We didn't do a letter last week as we've had a lot going on but this week we're back into the swing of things. Here are some ideas for learning about the letter I:

* Learn about India. We've been reading about it and looking at pictures and we will make a simple Indian meal or rice and dal.
* Eat Ice Cream!
* Talk about Initiative and praise Peregrine when he does something without being told. Or, as he says "I did it without telling!"
* Sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" together with the actions.
* Learn about Iguanas. Maybe make a trip to the pet store to see one.
* Talk about other countries that start with I- Italy, Iceland, Indoneisa, Israel, Iran, Iraq, and Ireland. Peregine loves looking at maps and globes so we can point them out together.
* Make a simple Instrument like a shaker.
* Learn about Inches and practice measuring with a ruler or measuring tape.
* Practice Philippians 3:14 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."


The photo above is of my incredible sister and brother-in-law at Peregrine's last birthday party.

1 comment:

  1. I actually don't think I'd seen a picture of this yet. Did i sign a release form after eating too much cake or something? (wait until you all see S is for Shrek and O is for Old people!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.