Thursday, July 12, 2007

Music and Science

A peek into the mind of Peregrine:


This morning my sister picked him up for a trip to the farm along with her sister-in-law and her children. I told him that there was going to be a boy named Sebastian whom he could play with. His eyes got wide, and he said "Sebastian? Like Johann Sebastian Bach?" I loved that he didn't say anything about a certain red crab in a certain Disney cartoon!


This evening I was laying on the couch and feeling a bit cool. I mentioned this to Peregrine, hoping he'd think of bringing me a blanket. Instead, he came over and started furiously rubbing my arms. He recently learned that friction produces heat- what better way to help me get warm! (He's learning about friction, and all sorts of other science concepts, through listening to these songs. They are from old records produced in the 50s and 60s. Erik put them onto discs for him and he's not only enjoying them, but learning a lot too! Highly recommended.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, like Johann Sebastian Bach! Very cool!

    And, how sweet about the friction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the site!! We love it!!
    I may just have to tag you on this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.