Monday, August 13, 2007

Giving Thanks

First, I want to thank each of you who has been praying for us and our baby. It means so much to us to know that we're not alone in this.
This morning I had my first appointment with the doctor. My midwife closed her practice nearly a year ago, and I wasn't happy with the other midwifery options in town, so decided to go to a doctor that was highly recommended by a few friends. Both Erik and I liked her a lot; she was friendly and professional, and spent lots of time talking with us. All he office staff seemed relaxed and friendly as well and the atmosphere was nice.
Most importantly, we got to see our tiny baby and were reassured that everything is happening as it should be! When the doctor pointed out the little heart beating I began to cry and said "There's really a baby in there?" Yes, there really is, and everything looks normal and good! Praise and thanks be to God!
We always pray together as a family before bed, thanking God for the day and praying about whatever is on our hearts. (Or, if you're Peregrine, thanking God for everything in sight. Yep, we're in that phase. It gets a bit long, but you can hardly tell your child to stop praying!) My frequent prayer recently has been that God will keep His hand on our little baby. The other day, out of the blue, Peregrine asked me "Mom, what does it mean for God to keep His hand on our baby? Does it mean that the baby has air in it, and if God takes His hand off, the baby would float up to heaven?" I love that boy, and the things that come out of his mind!
Thank You God, for keeping Your hand on us and on our baby!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:46 PM

    I missed your last post (probably since I was in the hospital with my new baby). But I am so excited for you!! I am sorry that I couldn't be praying for you sooner... but I will start praying now :)

    I hope you begin to feel better soon! And I love that story about the baby's name. You must name him Samuel if you have a boy because you will always have that wonderful story to share with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwhahahahahahahha, Peregrine is so sweet!
    I'm glad things are going well, you have my continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog :o)

    Reading your post hit very close to home for me. I have days where trusting the sovereignty of God comes easily....that is grace. other days I have to preach truth outloud though my heart isn't in it...and there is still grace. Amazing isn't it! I tell myself every morning I have one more day with this baby and that is cause to rejoice...I will leave tomorrow to itself.
    Congratulations on your new little baby! When are you due? I am 8 weeks due March 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:33 PM

    We weren't able to find any saints with the name Alethea. Have you been able to? We thought we would been able to very easily. We don't have a lot of icons either, but my priest's wife recommended that we keep them to a minimum and just have some that are very meaningful to us. But I do want to order one for Grace :)

    How are you feeling??

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.