Monday, May 19, 2008

Happenings

Who's Who: The kids wearing the shirts we made them a few months ago.

Here's an update on life around here:
  • Raphael is almost seven weeks and is treating us to the sweetest smiles! We're so thankful that he is healthy and growing like a weed! (Erik just commented that he thinks our weeds are actually growing faster!) 
  • We've gone from an unusually cool and rainy spring to full-blown summer weather. Up until a few days ago we'd had  only a few days that hit 7o degrees, and now it's been getting up in the mid 90s! Yikes! It takes a bit of getting used to, but thankfully we have cooling in our house so there's some relief and escape from the heat wave. It's supposed to cool down again over the next few days. The garden and the kids are both enjoying the sprinkler! 
  • Erik worked about a jillion hours over the last several days. He was privileged to be able to work on a project testing some new equipment that was brought over from Korea. It was a great opportunity for him even though it meant super long days. He's able to take the extra hours as paid time off, so in the long run it will mean more time together, but it's not been easy having him gone for such long days and not getting a weekend. 
  • I've come down with a breast infection, the first in my breastfeeding career. I'm pretty wiped out and have spent most of yesterday and today on the couch. Thankfully my mom and sister have been able to help with the older kids, and Erik came home early today to take care of me. I'm hoping it will pass quickly without having to take antibiotics, but on the other hand I need to get well so I can care for my family. I'd appreciate your prayers for this. 

6 comments:

  1. I have only experience clog milk ducks and that was painful to even unclog them. What kind of symptoms is this affecting you? I'm sorry, and I hope it will pass so.
    P.S. I'm having emotional day too, my second father(music teacher) just died today. I won't say anymore since I'm swallowing it down still.
    Love ya, and SMILE;) , Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'll pray for you! I hope you get better soon. Get as much rest as you can.

    Your kids are just so cute! And Raphael is SO big! Gosh, it's so hard to believe that time has passed so quickly! He's just beautiful, really! I'm so glad for you and your family.

    It was great to see your sister's baby - he's adorable, too! Sweet family photo! I'm so glad he has arrived and seems to be doing well. God is good!

    That extreme heat shift hit us on the coast, too. It is hard to adjust to so suddenly but that seems to be the way it happens here. And one hates to complain about being too hot after weeks and weeks of whining about being too cold!

    Looks like rain all week now. (Like, right now, as a matter of fact!)

    God bless,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that jillion is a real number. In fact, I'm pretty sure it isn't.

    We tried to escape the heat by going to the beach, but that didn't work. It was still so fun, though. Then Saturday, after a full day of sun and baseball, I took the kids to see Prince Caspian...where there is air conditioned rocking seats...

    I will call you soon to arrange some sort of visiting day. It may need to be after baseball/softball season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the number jillion!

    And baznillion!

    And zillion!

    They're all numbers in my book!

    Steep red raspberry leaf tea bags. drink the tea, put the bags on your soreness. Take garlic capsules. Get at least 1000 mg's of vitamin C a day.

    And rest.

    I know, I sound like a mom!!! LOL!!

    I'll be praying for you!

    Leanne in Longview

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:56 PM

    I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. What worked best for me was to put hot washcloths on chest. It helped the swelling to go down a bit and also just made it feel better.

    I hope you are back to 100% soon! You kids are adorable! And Raphael is so big- he's going to be bigger than my Grace soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second hot wash cloths! Hot as you can stand and then nurse right after. It helped me a ton. That's so awful. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.