Thursday, June 04, 2009

Blessings

A few random picture of the blessings I spend my days with! (Yes, I actually do other things besides baking bread!)
There's an awful lot of reading going on with this boy these days. I think we're going to have to get used to seeing Peregrine with his nose in a book. It's so very fun watching him catch the reading spark. He reads alone, reads to his brother and sister, and reads to Erik and me. I love it!

We got a new batch of 7 laying hens this spring. I can't wait until they start giving us eggs. Here is Poppy holding hers, a Rhode Island Red named Marigold.

You just never know what you may find in the potty!
(And I daresay this is more pleasant than some things one finds.)

And this little boy is an absolute delight! I can hardly believe he's fourteen months. He's discovered that walking is a pretty decent way to get around, and get around he does!

5 comments:

  1. What other types of chicks did you get other then the Rhode Island Red. And those were cute pictures.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebeca!

    It's so good to catch up with you!

    I can't believe that little boy is no longer a baby...time flies.

    I've been off gluten and wheat for almost 4 years now. I'm going to try your muffin recipe, looks good.

    Take care and know I'm still around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri, we have one RIR, one Aracauna, two black and one red star, a partridge rock, and a leghorn. I'm so excited for them to start laying, and we'll get brown, white, and green or blue eggs! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing photos of your kiddos! They are so adorable, each in his or her own way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same thing (reading, not chickens or walking) is happening around our house and I LOVE it. The peace of a kid picking up a book and reading it for a while! Like heaven. Even better, reading it outloud to siblings. And it is so exciting, this book love, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.