Tuesday, June 09, 2009

BBA Challenge #4: Brioche

Last week's recipe was Brioche, a rich, buttery bread that I'd never have made if not for taking part in the challenge. Since I don't own any brioche molds I made do with a muffin pan, which worked well enough even. There were three different options for making this bread; Rich Man's Brioche, Middle Class Brioche, and Poor Man's Brioche. The difference in the three recipes was the amount of butter. I chose the middle ground which still sounded pretty decadent with five eggs and a half pound of butter. Working with such a buttery dough was different; even straight out of the fridge the heat from my hands made it sticky. I did the traditional brioche a' tete shaping; the whole thing had a high learning curve for me. I think I could do better next time, although I'm not terribly inclined to make such a rich bread typically. That said, they are yummy, a bit reminiscent of a croissant. And spread with a little chocolate ganache they make a very nice snack.

4 comments:

  1. Very yummy looking.
    Chocolate ganache????? DOUBLE YUM!
    Great job,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute...I need to make some plain brioche soon! Happy Baking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I had a hard time handling the dough as well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.