Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Three-and-a-half



Peregrine was three-and-a-half on Monday. When I was a girl I remember my Mom doing something to celebrate our half-birthdays and I always thought it was special. I didn't say anything to Peregrine about it all day, and then after Alethea had gone to bed I surprised him with cupcakes and Erik gave him a flashlight. It was so fun to watch the wonder in his face, and the pure delight and surprise when I walked into the room with his treat. I think part of what made it so fun was that it was totally unexpected, and it was a simple way of showing him how special he is to us. He exclaimed "I didn't know it was going to be a party!"
Here are some of the things I love about my boy:

* He is full of energy and curiosity about life
* He makes me laugh with the things he says and does
* He brings me flowers from the yard, and knows I will love them
* He loves to help me in the kitchen and the garden
* He loves his Daddy and equates growing up with "when he's a Daddy"
* He has a great imagination- yesterday we were, at various times, a family of coyotes, elephants named Chai and Bamboo and Hansa, a family of penguins, and when working in the garden we were Almanzo and Alice and Eliza Jane.
* He loves books and being read to
* He's a great story-teller
* He is cuddly for about three minutes in the morning. (I'd be happy with more, but I'll take what I can get!)
* When he wakes up in the night, he comes in and says in the sweetest voice "Im comin' in to cuddle with ya'" as if I'd been lying awake waiting for him!
* He loves his sister

Yep, I love that boy. I thank the Lord for three-and-a-half years and look forward to every day we are blessed with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.