Tuesday, May 02, 2006

E is for Elephants

And here we Embark on a most Excellent Exploration of Every Element of the Elegant letter E.

* Learn more about Elephants, Peregrine's favorite animal
* Make Egg Salad sandwiches
* Practice 1 Thessalonians 5:11 "Encourage one another and build each other up." Find ways to be an Encouragement to others.
* Read The Little Engine that Could and talk about Endurance
* Learn about Emporer Penguins (maybe watch March of the Penguins)
* Read the Story of Echo the Bat
* Learn about Electricity
* Talk about the Excellence of our Lord and King!
* Read this poem that I loved as a girl:

ELETELEPHONY

Once there was an elephant,
Who tried to use the telephant -
No! No! I mean an elephone
Who tried to use the telephone -
(Dear me! I am not certain quite
That even now I've got it right.)

Howe'er it was, he got his trunk
Entangled in the telephunk;
The more he tried to get it free,
The louder buzzed the telephee -
(I fear I'd better drop the song
Of elephop and telephong!)

-- Laura E. Richards (1850-1943)

And we would welcome any more ideas too!

1 comment:

  1. I loved that poem, too! When I was about eight, I was given a book of poetry full of wonderful poems and illustrations. Elephony was my favorite poem from that book. Sadly, book has disappeared. I wish I knew the title/publisher so I could buy it for my little one!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.