Thursday, January 03, 2008

...and a Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe that 2008 is upon us. I hope that everyone had a joyous celebration of our Lord's birth! We certainly did; we spent Christmas Eve with Erik's parents and then Christmas Day with my family. We are so very thankful to live near so many of our family members! I feel like life is settling down after a very busy fall, our Mexico trip, and then Christmas. We've been enjoying more stay-at-home days, working on projects and reading lots of books together. I'm also feeling motivated to get some of my bigger projects done before our little fellow makes his appearance toward the end of March. I hope to be posting a little more regularly, but realistically I might not! For now, here are some pictures from our Christmas celebration.


The kids enjoyed decorating- and eating- gingerbread cookies!



Grandma "cooking" with Poppy, who was very happy to get some of her own kitchen things and a new apron that fits.

For as long as I can remember, my Dad reads or tells the Christmas story, while the kids act it out using our old, well-loved nativity set.


When Poppy opened her new rolling pin from Grandma and Papa she squealed "Now I can work with Mama!"




My sister Gloria and I- both becoming "great with child"! 

Gloria painted this beautiful picture and gave it to me!

May this year be full of love, joy, and peace in the Lord Jesus Christ!

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous photo! wow! Christ is Born! Happy New Year, and most of all - Congratulations and Many Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. Your kids are just too cute. And you're looking great, too! We're keeping you in prayer as you get ever-nearer to that big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous painting! And the two of you look so cute together! Miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:59 PM

    You look gorgeous! I am so happy for you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.