Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Inquiring Minds

Shadow, 30 Weeks

Here are some of the interesting questions I've been asked recently by the five and under crowd:
  • Why is that part of you so fat?
  • Will the doctor get the baby out?
  • Will your dad pull the baby out? (I think the inquirer on this one meant my husband, not my dad.) 
  • Are your n*pples starting to collect milk for the baby? 
  • Is the baby going to come out of your belly button? 
This belly of mine, and its contents of course, are beginning to cause quite a stir among Peregrine and his friends. They come up with all sorts of interesting questions, as you can see! Peregrine is quite desperate for this baby to be born, and no matter how much I explain to him that he really needs to grow some more first, he remains quite convinced that sooner would be better! He's rather eager, you see, to teach his brother how to sword fight and do karate with him. (Although Pepito is, I think, already practicing his karate moves. At least it sure feels that way!) Answering some of these questions, when they don't come from my own children, can be a bit tricky. It's just hard to know sometimes exactly what to answer on some of the more delicate ones! 

4 comments:

  1. My goodness, your shadow looks great! I LOVE the questions. My mom's favorite was (asked by one of my classmates) "wouldn't you rather have puppies" and my favorite asked by my five year old when I put my knuckle in my baby's mouth to calm him down, "wow, you have milk in your fingers too?"

    Looking great, I can't belive you are only 10 weeks away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee... little kids are funny :-)

    Love the shadow picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe you are at 30 weeks already! We will have to get together soon. I know Charisse was trying to plan something...I think I was supposed to email her...yikes! I'll do that today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:29 PM

    I love that picture. How fun. I have another friend who does shadow pictures a lot. What a great idea:)

    I love kid's questions. I know what you mean about being unsure how to answer other children's questions. You never know what their parents have told them or are comfortable telling them. I usually say something generic and then advice them to ask their mom or dad about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.