Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Peregrine's Song


As I was working in the kitchen yesterday Peregrine marched in singing. I was so taken with his impromptu song that I had him start over so I could capture the lyrics. Reading them won't be quite the same as hearing them sung with the gusto of a (nearly six-year old) boy, but I hope you'll enjoy it none the less. (That's right my friend, oh yes!)


Don’t let sin go in your heart.

Don’t let Satan go in either.

The Holy Spirit fruit is not a fruit, oh no. 

It’s not a fruit you eat my friend.

The spiritual fruit is not an ordinary fruit.

The patience, kindness, goodness, truthfulness, and self-control.

That fruit is not a strawberry!

It is, in fact- Peace! 

That’s what it is, that’s the first fruit, of the Holy Spirit, in heaven!

Do it on earth, also. That’s right my friend! 

It’s not a Grape! Oh no, that is right my friend!

It’s patience! 

Don’t let weeds grow in your heart.

Let the divine liturgy grow in your heart, and grow and grow!

Until you love Him as much as your mom and dad.

It’s not a peach, oh no~ That’s right my friend. 

It’s Kindness! It’s kindness! That’s right my friend oh yes! 

Don’t let Satan pick your flower and turn it into a weed (that he will put back in your heart.)

I don’t mean your blood heart, oh no my friend! (Not the heart filled with blood that pumps your blood through your body. Oh no~)

I mean the heart filled with love, that heart.

Do not lie. It’ll be makin’ Satin pull out your flower. (The flower of truth!) 



10 comments:

  1. Sounds adorable! And what a cute photo below of your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what cd is this, that he's gotten memorized? It's so amazing how they retain things. Have fun at your brothers wedding.

    Charisse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:23 PM

    Peregrine has to be one of the greatest kids in the world. Everything he does and says (or sings) seems like something from a book.

    Maybe one day you'll be able to publish a book little vignettes from the lives of your children. :) I really enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must have been amamzing to listen too! Thanks for stopping by :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:14 PM

    Hello there -
    I saw you had moved and was going to leave you a comment on your HSB blog, but then thought I would just do it over here. :)

    This is Rachel. I am leaving you a comment as the HSB Literary Club because you are on the friends list at the HSB Club. I just wanted to let you know that we will be starting our next book tomorrow. Sorry this is such short notice. :)

    We will be reading Enoch Roden's Training by Hesba Stretton. There is a post up at the Club if you want to sign the linky to join us. Posting about it on your blog would be a great way to let others know about the book we are reading and ask them to join us!

    Hope to see your name on the Linky!
    For the HSB Lit Club,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a terrific song! Boy, sure makes the phrase "Out of the mouth of babes" come to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:37 AM

    Wow.. Out of the mouth of babes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:31 AM

    Um, I really want to live closer to that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this. I hope you don't mind if I post a link here on my blog. It reminds me of my son, though he hasn't come up with quite so complex a song yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.