Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 3



FOR TODAY, September 2, 2008.

Outside My Window...it's a quiet and very cool morning. 
I am thinking... about my little brother Josh who is getting married this weekend.
From the kitchen... salad with tomatoes and basil from the garden, zucchini muffins, new potatoes, mucver. (Hooray! I've found another way my husband will enjoy zucchini!)
I am wearing... slippers; it's cool in here. 
I am creating...  a more modest neckline on the dress I'm wearing to the wedding.
I am going... to get Raphael's birth certificate soon.
I am reading... North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. Loved the movie and am enjoying the book.
I am hoping... and praying for comfort and peace for the Drews family.
I am hearing... morning traffic in the distance, my neighbor's waterfall, Cherry Jones' wonderful reading of The Long Winter from Peregrine's room.
Around the house... lots of little messes from the weekend, laundry to fold, books.... I could go on, but I'll stop there!
One of my favorite things... sleeping in on the weekend. Erik always gets up with the kids and lets me sleep as long as I like. 
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week.... resting after the long weekend and resting up for another long weekend, getting ready for our trip to Portland to celebrate my brother's wedding.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... my littlest boy, Raphael, is five months old today!

 If you'd like to join The Simple Woman's Daybook you can visit The Simple Woman who started it here

2 comments:

  1. congratulations and many years to your brother.

    That picture is adorable. Happy 5th month to Raphael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five months already! Look how big he is!

    Have a great weekend and enjoy the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.