Monday, September 29, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 5

FOR TODAY, September 28, 2008.

Outside My Window... water, water, everywhere. We're traveling this week and are at present in Northern Washington looking out over Puget Sound. It's a lovely golden morning and promises to me a beautiful sunny day.
I am thinking... how much fun we're going to have exploring the shore today.
I am thankful.... that we got to come with Erik on this business trip. It's so, so much nicer than being at home without him.
From the kitchen... kitchen, what kitchen? I'm kitchen free this week, although I did bring lots of food like muffins and crackers and cheese and cookies and yogurt.
I am wearing... my "secret-fit belly" maternity pants from Motherhood.... still. What can I say, six months later I still can't fit in my pre-pregnancy pants, and these are comfy. Sigh....
I am creating... a temporary home out of our hotel room.
I am going... to visit Stacy tomorrow. Yeah! We had the pleasure of a visit last summer and I'm looking forward to seeing her and her growing family once again.
I am reading...The Paradox of Choice: Why More is Less. I've been reading it aloud to Erik on our drive. So far, so good. Good food for thought, and fun to read aloud and discuss together.
I am hoping... for sunshine today and good sleep tonight. Getting everyone to sleep in the same room can be a bit tricky.
I am hearing... the TV, and the kids laughing. And, I might add, I'm thankful we don't have a TV at home.
Around the house... whatever messes we left in the wake of leaving, thankfully not too bad as my Mom came over and helped. Thanks Mom!
One of my favorite things... traveling, road trips, although the road part of trips is a little more challenging with small people who have smaller attention spans.
A few plans for the rest of the week... playing with the kids, exploring the beach, swimming, and when Erik's conference is over, a few days in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... no pictures today.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun on your vacation. And, comfy pants are comfy pants, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If ya see Susan (saw your comment there) give her a hug for me! We became better friends after I moved away -- she used to live lived across town - now she's across the country - but just a click away :)

    Great spider pic! We have one outside our door. - practically a pet! - been there a while ... m/b I'll post a pic of the "organic" halloween dec it's been weaving - Perhaps I should tell it to tone it down...as we aren't big on the whole halloween thing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.