Monday, September 15, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 4




FOR TODAY, September 15, 2008.

Outside My Window... it's warming up. But the days are beginning to feel Fall-ish, and there is a golden feel in the air. 
I am thinking... that I'm ready for a quiet week.
From the kitchen... chocolate cake and leftover massaman curry.
I am wearing... long sleeves. 
I am creating... milk? Does that count?!
I am going... to finish getting the house cleaned up from the weekend.
I am reading... North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. Still. I took a break and read The Kite Runner. Very good, not in a feel-good way, but in a shake-you-out-of-your-comfort-zone way.
I am hoping... that Erik and Poppy will get over the cough they've had for a while.
I am hearing... the bouncing of Raphael's jumper, Peregrine's happy chatter to his little brother.
Around the house... laundry, as always, a few more dishes to be hand washed, clothes that are grown out of and clothes yet to be grown into; they all need to be sorted and put away.
One of my favorite things... happy reunions with loved ones when we've been apart.
A few plans for the rest of the week... starting school with the kids and getting their bedrooms cleaned and organized. Again.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... a few actually. This past weekend Erik and Peregrine went on an all-boys camping trip with his Dad, and I went to the coast with my brother, sister, and the other kids. 

 
My brother Jacob with Raphael.


Cousins Poppy and Joe-Joe.


Cousins Diego and Raphael.


What would your first trip to the coast be without face-planting in the sand?


Peregrine gets a fishing lesson from his Papa.


Erik and Peregrine.


Mama and Raphi.


Little toes in the sand.


Raphi loved the sand! (In total contrast to his big brother, who, on his first trip to the beach, wouldn't get off the blanket!)

If you'd like to join The Simple Woman's Daybook you can visit The Simple Woman who started it here

6 comments:

  1. I definitely think "milk" counts as something you're creating! It's a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much to say!

    First, about your "Mama Struggles" post ... I definitely feel as you do. I try but fail, too often. May the Lord help us both to do better. By the way, I think you do a terrific job anyway - so be encouraged!

    I loved the wedding photos! Your brother and his wife make a beautiful couple. May the Lord bless their union forever!

    Your family photos at the wedding were just lovely! What a cute family you guys are! And I love all the beach photos with the babies. Your baby is growing so much - what a cutie!

    I thought about you today when I heard of a fire in Eugene. I was trying to remember is you lived there or near there and I was hoping you weren't near the fire.

    Busyness keeps me from visiting many friends at a time. But since all my blog friends are moms, they understand!

    God bless and have a great week!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say "try to remember if you lived there" not "is you lived" - I wish we could edit our comments!

    Kate (again)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So agree creating milk is a good thing. And, I agree with the face plant in the sand, such a rite of passage ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree too, milk is a very good thing :) I love the photos in this post, they are certainly to be treasured! Looks like an incredible day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, looks like a lovely trip to the beach. The photo of you with your youngest is SO cute. I miss those nursing days, really...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.