Monday, October 27, 2008

Autumn Days

I love this time of year. The days are bright and sunny, the air is clear and crisp. Everything looks more vibrant in the fall! I love the sights and the smells and the sound of walking through a pile of crispy leaves. I'm thankful that the rains have held off, because I just don't feel the same way about slogging through a pile of soggy leaves! Here's to the lovely days of fall...

Poppy at the Pumpkin Patch


Peregrine and Raphael

Banana Gingerbread Muffins

Even the spices used in baking show the colors of fall!

There's unexpected colors too!

Of course I have to throw some leaves in here....

The last few weeks have been a bit rough for us. Raphael, who was sleeping for 8-9 hours straight at night, has been up a lot. Through the night. And we're tired. Erik has had one sickness after another. I'm sure the lack of sleep hasn't helped. The kids are doing pretty well. In spite of it all though, there is much joy, and I know that these things are minor when I stop and think about it. It's easy to start complaining, but we have much to be thankful for. And so we choose to give thanks, to look at the beauty around us, and to trust that these trials are working something beautiful in us as well. 

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Beautiful photos! I hope Raphael starts sleeping better. I know how tiring and wearing on a person that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall too...especially the colors.

    I hope your little one starts sleeping through the night again too... that can be so trying. I hope Erik feels better soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:03 AM

    Hi Beca!

    I think I got my rss feed figured out. Let me know how it works. There is a subscribe button at the top of my right sidebar.

    We have been battling sickness too at our house. It must be that time of year.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everyone is feeling better, I assume that's why we missed you on Saturday? Sigh. God willing, someday.

    And, I agree, slogging through soggy leaves is my LEAST favorite part of Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics...I can relate to the lack of sleep for "virtual" reasons... you'll have to stop over to see what I mean by that.

    Hunker down & take one fall day & long night at time....& hopefully all will be healthy & happy again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought to say hello... We are getting better ourselves from our long trip(caught colds) and trying to get back on schedule not on eastern time now. We had enjoyable time and we didn't want to come back home and face real life. We also had beautiful fall colors in our scenery in Tennessee too. I'm glad all is well you and family and hope to see you soon.

    Love ya,
    Charisse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely pictures! I really love fall colors as well.

    I hope the sleep deprivation at your house is very short-lived!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! I, too, have been glad that the rains have been scarce in the Pacific Northwest. :)

    I'd love to get the recipe for the banana gingerbread muffins, when you have a minute.

    I hope everyone's feeling better soon and sleeping better as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous shots...especially the last one. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.