Thursday, September 03, 2009

BBA Challenge #13: French Bread

The thirteenth bread in the Challenge: crusty, delicious, baguettes. I tried making French Bread years ago, and frankly, it was nothing special. This, on the other hand, was wonderful. More substantial than your typical grocery store baguette, it was a great balance of crust and crumb. The large portion of pre-fermented dough added greatly to the flavor. I took this to a family gathering and it disappeared quickly. I would definitely make this recipe again next time I want this type of bread.
Next up: Italian Bread. I'm not sure how this differs from French Bread, but I'm sure I'll find out.

1 comment:

  1. Your baguettes look awesome! I love your rainbow silks post! My kids played with rag towels for dress up (or Daddy's old shirts). The silks are definitely more fun. I, too, have seen expensive silks in catalogs. Your idea was much better on the budget, plus the kids got to help and they look terrific. Nicely done!

    Enjoy your week,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.