Friday, December 03, 2010

Long Time No Blog

Back in the early Fall I had some idea that I was going to get back to regular posting on my blog....( insert laughter here.) Each day goes by, and I'm running along behind it trying not to swallow too much dust. Did you know that having four kids is time consuming? And cooking for, cleaning up after, homeschooling, and all the other things that come along with them take up a lot of time too? Oh, and then there's this incredible man that lives here as well; he seems familiar, like someone I knew in the past. Sometimes he gets a minute or three of my time, but not nearly enough. Someday I'm going to make it up to him, but for now he patiently goes to work each day, comes home, plays with kids, helps with dishes, rarely bats an eye at the messes that seem to pop up around here, and in general just loves me like a rock.... it's a good life.
I very much enjoy writing, and would love to make more time for it. (My high school history teacher used to say "Time is something you make, not something you have"; I think there's something to that.) For now, little Facebook "soundbites" are serving me well for jotting down a few little things here and there, leaving this space sorely neglected. My friend Rae, who lives in India, just started participating in reverb10, a daily prompt for the month of December. It's a chance for bloggers to "reflect on this year and manifest what's next". I thought it sounded like fun, although I'm not going to commit to doing it daily. Why set myself up for failure? Besides, it started on Wednesday, so I'd already be behind. So maybe, just maybe, I'll be on here a little more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.