Saturday, December 04, 2010

Wonder - Reverb10

Introducing our newest child to the wonder of our faith.

 Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?


I like the wording of this question. It's easy to focus on the things in my life that are rather mundane; there is an abundance of laundry, cooking, diapers, sweeping, cleaning, and the like. Wonder is something that must be cultivated. I think the two things in my life that have helped me to retain a sense of wonder, or at least to grasp it at certain moments, are my children and my faith. Both of those are also things that without cultivation will not thrive. Through the eyes of my children I see life as they see it, exciting, something to be grasped and held onto. Through the eyes of faith I see life as a precious gift; I see beauty rising from ashes. I see the image of Christ in the poor, the hungry, the destitute. I see it in my children, my husband, and sometimes I glimpse it in myself, for I too, am made to be like Him. I am loved and accepted in the Beloved, and I wonder at the marvelous grace that continues to flow in and around us. 
The answer to this question is itself a wonder; it is in giving to others, dying to myself, seeking to truly live a life of faith and love, that wonder is cultivated, kept alive, and growing within. 


This post is part of reverb10.

2 comments:

  1. Such a good point about wonder being cultivated. I like these questions, they really make me think.

    Oh and I always love a churching. Such a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely post! Yes, I definitely agree that our Church and children help in this area.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.