Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful: November 11




    Today I'm thankful for Erik. Well, I'm thankful for him every day, but on this day I'm writing a little about it. We've known each other for fifteen years and been married for just about ten. In that time he's gone from being a slightly intriging fellow to being my husband and closest friend. Here are just a few of the many things I love about this man:

  • He is hard working and loyal, steady and strong. 
  • He doesn't complain, even though his job challenges him in many not-so-pleasant ways. 
  • He is always trying to find better ways of doing things. 
  • He has amazing blue eyes. 
  • He's humble. 
  • He makes me chai.
  • He loves our family.
  • He cleans the kitchen. Often.
  • He loves my cooking.
  • He brought home Coconut Bliss tonight. (Bonus points for that!) 
  • He's very generous.
  • He cares deeply for his parents.
  • He has a tender heart.
  • He understands the importance of good chocolate.
  • He gets up with the kids on weekends so I can sleep in.
    I waited what seemed like a long time for the right man to come along, and I'm so glad I did. We've grown and changed a lot in the last ten years, and I look forward to many more. 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your family is so beautiful. And they have a beautiful mama who God has blessed richly! And that hubby of yours? A good egg indeed!

    P.S. I'm intrigued by the coconut bliss. A cookie or flavored coffee perhaps? the waffle recipe sounds healthful and looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, thanks for your sweet words! Maybe one of these decades we'll catch up! Coconut Bliss is an ice cream made with coconut milk. It's scrumptious! http://coconutbliss.com/
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! A husband who likes your cooking in indeed a reason for gratitude, I have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm. Coconut Bliss drizzled with some of Tim's home-canned strawberries. Delightful.

    You two folks are a special set. One of a kind. I'm glad I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, you and Tim should come over. We'll provide the Coconut Bliss and you can bring some strawberries. I'm glad I know you too, but it's been forever since we've seen you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.