Thursday, November 03, 2011

Thankful: November 3

    Today I'm thankful to look around my home and see beauty. Yes, there are clothes piled up waiting to be folded, and dishes that need to be washed. There are fingerprints and muddy handprints on windows and dirt on the floor. Those things have their own beauty, because they speak of the family who calls this place home. But the beauty I'm talking of is the handmade crafty kind, the kind that celebrates the season we're enjoying right now. 

Peregrine and I crafted this little lantern bunting out of wool felt. (Tutorial here.)

Fall leaves and tissue paper Mod-Podged onto glass jars make lovely seasonal lanterns. 

And of course my heart swells with thankfulness for the little crafters among us!

And the not-so-little crafty boy!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love all of this post! Wonderful felt lanterns, lovely leafy candle jars and such sweet B&W photos! Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are all so beautiful! Hope you are feeling better today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible photos!!! I really need some crafting ideas for fall; this is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I was just thinking, right before I read your post, that I need to craft with my children. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful crafts Rebeca. I need to get more crafty with my own children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The leaf jars are such a great idea. Love it! I love fall leaves and I have several glass jars that are lid-less.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.