Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thanksgiving: November 12



    Today I'm thankful for a warm house on a cold day, a cozy fire, a pot of simmering chili, cornbread with cinnamon honey butter melting into it, my rocking chair, the quiet after kids are tucked into bed, a lunch date with Erik, waffles with fresh warm applesauce, and a comfy bed waiting for me.

   Here is a cornbread recipe passed down from Fannie Farmer's cookbook to my Grandma, to my Mom, and then on to her children. This version contains less sugar than called for by Fannie (and I would use honey or even less sugar). This is the cornbread I grew up eating, and it's super yummy with some cinnamon honey butter on top! 

Cornbread

Blend:
1/4 C Melted Butter
2 Eggs
2 C Milk
1/2 C Sugar

Stir together and add to wet ingredients:
2 C Flour
1 1/2 C Cornmeal
1 T Baking Powder
1 t Salt

Bake 20 minutes in a greased 9" x 13" pan at 425.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect fall day. Do you have a link to the recipe. My corn bread almost always tunrs out crumbly. I do use WW flour so may be that is why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, I added a recipe in for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rebeca...so thoughtful of you. can't wait to try it. Chili is on the menu this week :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.