Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful: November 16


This picture has nothing to do with my post. It was just a neat building we saw in Montova, Italy, many years ago.
Which, incidentally, I'm thankful for. So there. It's relevant after all.

    Today I'm thankful for many things:

  • The smell of granola baking.
  • Open gym play time for the kids, visiting time for the mamas.
  • Having Erik home earlier in the afternoon.
  • Getting closer to putting the house on the market, slowly, slowly.
  • Lentil soup - simple, hearty, filling.
  • Pearl's sweet voice.
  • A good day with a child who often is very challenging.
  • My favorite candles burning on the mantle - orange, clove, and cinnamon.
  • Quince simmered in apple cider with cloves, reminiscent of canned crabapples, memories of a happy childhood.
  • Being close enough to my mom and dad that the kids get to see them often.
  • Brothers playing happily together for a long time.
  • Getting to see both of my sisters.
  • A warm, dry home on a drizzly gray day.
    My sister Alyssa wrote today about her gratitude for her own warm and dry home. She expressed very well what a great gift this is. I encourage you to go read it here

    For what are you thankful for today? 

    

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thankful thoughts and lovely photo. Today I'm thankful for a warm home, reliable transportation, a well-stocked grocery store and time to read God's word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a joy to read your posts daily! Although I am still sick, I am thankful for my little Halogen heater that is keeping me warm. For staying indoors with this cold and damp weather and A nice hot cup of earl gray tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Montova when I went there it was such a great place!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.