Sunday, November 06, 2011

Thankful: November 6


Today I am thankful for books.
Books on shelves,
Books in baskets,
Books on tables.
(And even books all over the floor.)
Books in hands, little and big.
Books to look at, laugh at, learn from.
Books borrowed, books we own.
Books that take you to another time, another place,
That bring the world to you.
Old books with soft, worn pages,
New books, crisp and clean.
Books revisited each season, like old friends.
Board books, picture books, chapter books.
Little voices asking for just one more book.



2 comments:

  1. Me too! I love reading out loud to all the kids and hope they never outgrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love books too! I'm especially a fan of board books. And I also love reading out loud, so thankful that I get to read to my nephew every week. We are getting to the end of the Narnia books, what a dilemma to figure out what to read next!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and try to respond to your comments here on the page.